Thursday, June 09, 2005

Now playing...Megadeth!

Listening to Megadeth - Rude Awakening. Got it from the library, didn't have real high expectations since live albums for metal bands are not usually very rewarding. But halfway through disc 1, I have to say I'm quite impressed with Dave and crew. Good recording - you can hear the vocals and guitars just fine, great energy from the band - sounds like they're having fun. Gotta give this one high ratings.

Update Sat June 9, 2005 12:33 PM:
I've listened to pretty much the whole thing now - I still like it a lot! The only thing I didn't care for were a couple of songs on disc 1. I personally don't care for "A Tout Le Monde", and it's inclusion in this collection is a minor ding on my rating, but that's what the skip track button is for on a cd player. All in all, a great effort by Dave and crew.

I especially like that it does not sound like Megadeth did any overdubbing on the songs like so many other bands do on live recordings. No overdubbing (or very little that I can tell) is a huge plus - I already have all the albums (I know - they're cd's, but I'm still old school in referring to them as albums), I want to hear what the songs sound like LIVE! And Megadeth has done that here.

4.5 stars out of 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home