Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Tracksy - free web stats

Use Tracksy to view blogger stats. I didn't read any of the instructions originally and didn't set it up correctly...it's pretty sweet if your blog is hosted on blogger.com - just login, click "add new site", then there's a section labeled "Blogger Users" (which I missed because it was below the "add new site" section - funny how we navigate the web, clicking on the first things we see on a page, but that's another discussion for another time). Anyway, then just select your blogger site, and Tracksy hooks itself up automagically.

Update: I don't know if that automatic hookup to blogger works or not. I ended up adding my site to Tracksy, then clicking "get HTML code", and I copied the Tracksys code into my Blogger site template. Now it does work, and you get site stats real-time - very cool!!!

And here's the Tracksy Blog.

3 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a great program. Thanks for the tip.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Wooden Jesus said...

Cool, hope it works! I just found it today, and I'm not sure how often the stats get updated - it's currently showing no activity for my blog, perhaps there's a delay of 12 hours or something before you see any statistics.

I'll post an update when I get a little more time to mess with it.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Wooden Jesus said...

I updated my post - I didn't have Tracksy set up correctly (hey, I don't read instructions - I'm a programmer!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home